shortcut keys in VBA

  1. #1
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    shortcut keys in VBA

    What is the easiest way to display the shortcut keys assigned to subs within
    a module from VBA?
    --
    Gary's Student

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: shortcut keys in VBA

    I would add a debug.print statements to
    listfunctions and sub (see buildtoc.htm) look for "application.onkey"
    and include the workbook and module name in front
    remember that VBA is case sensitive.

    Dependent upon the shortcut being on the same line, but presume you
    are documenting your own code.

    Since you can turn shortcuts on and off and have several within a
    module, it wouldn't work well to add a column to show a shortcut
    but the debug should work okay and you can paste that into something else.

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel.../listfsubs.txt
    ---HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]My Excel Pages:
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htmSearch Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Gary''s Student"

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: shortcut keys in VBA

    Thank you very much David. I received a workbook with lots of sub and very
    poor documentation on the shortcuts. I copied all the sub onto a worksheet
    as text and looked for "application.onkey". Sure enough, I found them all!
    This has saved me lots of time.

    Thanks again
    --
    Gary''s Student

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: shortcut keys in VBA

    You're welcome, guess there was only one module involved, perhaps
    even only one subroutine, so a lot easier than coding. .

    "Gary''s Student" <[email protected]> wrote...

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student

  6. #6
    David McRitchie