Selection.PasteSpecial with Office 2003

  1. #1
    Andreas Szabo
    Guest

    Selection.PasteSpecial with Office 2003

    Hi Newsgroup

    I have the following VBA-Code in an Excel-Sheet to copy from the clipboard:

    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

    That works good, but after the change to Office 2003 i have a performance
    problem
    with the Selection.PasteSpecial.

    Have anyone an idea to make it fast?

    Thanks and greetings
    Andy

  2. #2
    Al
    Guest

    RE: Selection.PasteSpecial with Office 2003

    In order to copy and paste a range, it need not be selected.
    This should improve performance.

    Sub test()
    Range("a1").Copy
    Range("b1").PasteSpecial xlValues
    End Sub

  3. #3

    Re: Selection.PasteSpecial with Office 2003

    I don't see anything in your snippet of code that would cause a slowdown.

    Maybe you added a worksheet event that fires when you make a change and the
    paste special causes that to fire...

    application.enableevents = false
    'your code to paste
    application.enableevents = true