Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

sumif or sumproduct range

  1. #1
    Lori Burton
    Guest

    sumif or sumproduct range

    I've been all around and tried many suggestions but still can't make this work.

    Looking at one column of numbers on a separate worksheet that should be
    greater than 29 but less than 50, and if they meet this criteria I want the
    sum of another column of numbers on the separate worksheet added.

    I've tried
    sumproduct(--active!$P:$P>29)*--(active!$P:$P<50),active!$g2:$g200)

    it returns #NUM! as an answer

    I have double checked and there are no errors or text entered in the G column
    --
    Lori

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: sumif or sumproduct range

    =sumproduct(--(active!$P2:$P200>29)--(active!$P2:$P200<50),active!$g2:$g200)

    SP works on specific ranges, and they must be the same size

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lori Burton
    Guest

    Re: sumif or sumproduct range

    This gives a total, but not a correct one.

    It's almost as if the formula is reading everything greater than 29 add
    p2:p200, and then everything less than 50 add p2:p200 rather than as a
    combined statement before adding G. The answer is at least 4 times as much
    as it should be.

    I'm needing the P: colmun filtered down to anything between the range of 30
    and 50 before G is calculated.
    --
    Lori

  4. #4
    Lori Burton
    Guest

    Re: sumif or sumproduct range

    I got it!

    I changed your fomula to include an asterisk and it calculated perfectly.

    Thank you!
    --
    Lori

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: sumif or sumproduct range

    typo, it should be

    =sumproduct(--(active!$P2:$P200>29),--(active!$P2:$P200<50),active!$g2:$g200
    )

    RP

    "Lori Burton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This gives a total, but not a correct one.
    >
    > It's almost as if the formula is reading everything greater than 29 add
    > p2:p200, and then everything less than 50 add p2:p200 rather than as a
    > combined statement before adding G. The answer is at least 4 times as

    much
    > as it should be.
    >
    > I'm needing the P: colmun filtered down to anything between the range of

    30
    > and 50 before G is calculated.
    > --
    > Lori
    >

    > "Bob Phillips" wrote:

    =sumproduct(--(active!$P2:$P200>29)--(active!$P2:$P200<50),active!$g2:$g200)

    > > SP works on specific ranges, and they must be the same size
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > HTH
    > >
    > > RP
    > >

    > > "Lori Burton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I've been all around and tried many suggestions but still can't make

    this
    > > work.
    > > >
    > > > Looking at one column of numbers on a separate worksheet that should

    be
    > > > greater than 29 but less than 50, and if they meet this criteria I

    want
    > > the
    > > > sum of another column of numbers on the separate worksheet added.
    > > >
    > > > I've tried
    > > > sumproduct(--active!$P:$P>29)*--(active!$P:$P<50),active!$g2:$g200)
    > > >
    > > > it returns #NUM! as an answer
    > > >
    > > > I have double checked and there are no errors or text entered in the G

    > > column
    > > > --
    > > > Lori

Closed Thread