how to monitor the selected value of a Data Validation list

  1. #1
    silkworm
    Guest

    how to monitor the selected value of a Data Validation list

    Hi, I want to be able to dynamically check which value a user select in
    a dropdown list and automatically change the value of another cell.

    Also, where in the project should I put the code? Should it be in
    "ThisWorkBook" or "SheetSet"?

    I am using Excel 2000.

    Thanks for any answers.

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: how to monitor the selected value of a Data Validation list

    hi,
    not sure what you mean by "check whick value a user select" but getting the
    value in a cell is easy.

    Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
    Range("F3").Value = ComboBox1.Value
    End Sub
    put the code in in the combo box. Right click the combo box, click view code.

    regards
    FSt1