Pivot table recalcuate disable

  1. #1
    Jesse Hamilton
    Guest

    Pivot table recalcuate disable

    I'm working with a large pivot table file ( >25mb ) that the company
    publishes and re-aranging the fields via code takes a very long time. Is
    there a way to disable calculation of the data fields and then manually
    update them at the end?

    Also would removing all the data fields and then re-adding them last speed
    up the process?

    Jesse

  2. #2
    JAdamJ
    Guest

    RE: Pivot table recalcuate disable

    Jesse, say your pivot table object is called PT, you could put

    PT.ManualUpdate = True

    then set it back to False when you're done rearranging, or it will
    automatically set itself back to False when your code ends.