Copying multiple items (searching)

  1. #1

    Copying multiple items (searching)

    How do I copy multiple items in a cell to another?

    Example:

    In cell K-244 I have the following information -
    AC-3 Access Enforcement, IA-3 Device Identification and Authentication, SC-7 Boundary Protection, SC-11 Trusted Path

    In cell J-244 I need the result -
    AC-3, IA-3, SC-7, SC-11

    Right now I'm using the formula =LEFT(K241,SEARCH(" ",K241,1))
    but this only returns the first iteration. AC-3 in my example above.

    Lizardoflife

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Copying multiple items (searching)

    Since you posted in programming, are you looking for a macro to do this (you
    show a formula) or are you restricted to a worksheet formula. If a
    worksheet formula, would you be interested in a custom function written in
    VBA or do you only want to use built in functions.

    If built in functions, what is the maximum number of items (AC-3 Access
    Enforcement, is a single item) in the cell. What is the minimum number.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...