search all sheets in book to find value and activate sheet with va

  1. #1
    Nigel
    Guest

    search all sheets in book to find value and activate sheet with va

    Hi,

    i have been really struggling with this macro. i have a PO Number.
    example : 4533211/NICYC

    in my po book i have up to 1000 purchase orders/ each with a unigue number.
    i have set up a form and this number is set under a variable called PONumber
    on every PO, the number is found in cell E13

    what i need to do is this.
    1.open my form and enter my PO number to find
    2.press apply and the macro should take the number, and look through all of
    the PO's until it finds the matching number.
    3. when the number is found, stop searching and make this sheet active.

    i have everything else completed ie errors etc, i just cannot get this right.

    please can someone help me?

    regs,

    NS

    ps i did post this in another area but feared that it might be missed

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: search all sheets in book to find value and activate sheet with va

    So if I understand you correctly you have a workbook with a whole pile of
    sheets in it. You want to seach all of the sheets to find the sheet that has
    the value you are looking for in E13? If so then...

    sub Test()
    call FindPOSheet("4533211/NICYC")
    end

    sub FindPOSheet(byval strToFind as string)
    dim wks as worksheet
    dim blnFound as boolean

    blnfound = false
    for each wks in worksheets
    if wks.range("E13").value = strToFind then
    blnfound = true
    wks.select
    exit for
    endif
    next wks

    if blnfound = false then msgbox "No PO found"
    set wks = nothing
    End
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Nigel
    Guest

    RE: search all sheets in book to find value and activate sheet wit

    Hi Jim,

    not sure that this is the right thing i am looking for. the P orders are
    number sequencially 1 to ?? ( the sheet is generated on demand to there is no
    set range of numbers), the po number is found in cwll E13 on every page.
    so i need the macro to search through the sheets 1 to ?? and look at this
    cell. i have a form to place the po number that i need to find so this will
    match the cell E13 value.

    thanks, in advance,

    Nigel

  4. #4
    Nigel
    Guest

    RE: search all sheets in book to find value and activate sheet wit

    Hi,

    just to let you know that i figured it out...

    Sub findtheorder()
    On Error GoTo POerrorhandler
    Dim i As Integer

    PONumber = TheJobNo & "/" & repusing

    For i = 1 To 1000
    Worksheets(i).Activate

    Range("E13").Select
    ActiveCell.Select

    If ActiveCell.Value = PONumber Then
    Range("A22").Select
    ActiveCell.Select
    Unload Orderlocator
    Exit Sub
    End If

    If ActiveCell.Value <> PONumber Then
    End If
    Next i
    Exit Sub

    POerrorhandler:

    MsgBox "There is not a Purchase order with the number " & PONumber & ".
    Please re-enter your number and try again."
    Unload Orderlocator
    Orderlocator.Show

    End Sub

    it opens the form, i enter my number and it searches it.

    thanks for you help though.

    regs,

    Nigel