Changing File Names and Linking Cells between workbooks

  1. #1
    James
    Guest

    Changing File Names and Linking Cells between workbooks

    Hello,

    I have one master Workbook where I am bringing worksheets in from other
    Workbooks. Some of the cells are linked with Name, Date, and Project Number
    which resides in the master workbook and must transfer when the worksheet is
    brought in.. My Problem is: My master workbook can change names which
    affects the linked data file name in the worksheets I am bringing in. The
    code in the linked cell reads ='Z:\Project Forms XLS\[My Project
    Template.xls]Menu'!$E$5 but my file name can change. Can I use a variable
    or something in my linked data to accommodate changing master worksheet file
    names?

  2. #2
    chijanzen
    Guest

    RE: Changing File Names and Linking Cells between workbooks

    James:

    try it,

    ActiveWorkbook.ChangeLink "Z:\Project Forms XLS\My Project Template.xls", _
    "Z:\Project Forms XLS\My Project Template-1.xls", xlExcelLinks

    --
    天行健,君*以自強不息
    地勢坤,君*以厚德載物

    http://www.vba.com.tw/plog/