Upload file on a server

  1. #1

    Upload file on a server

    Hi!

    Please let me know how is it possible to upload file(s) from your computer to a server using Excel: is it possible to run Windows shell commands in a macro ?? I was thinking to use ftp and to send the file to that server (it's a UNIX server, for which I have an username and a password)

    Thanks,
    Chris

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Upload file on a server

    http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_ftp.html

    http://www.zarr.net/vb/download/codedetail.asp?code=258

    http://www.vbip.com/protocols/ftp/vb...ry/default.asp

    Tom Ogilvy

    "loopoo" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for the reply...

    I will see what suits my specifications best.

    Once again,

    Thanks for your help.
    Chris

  4. #4
    alfredo
    Guest

    Re: Upload file on a server

    Tom,

    I've just picked up on this thread because I have a pretty similar need.

    I have looked at your three links in some detail, but to be honest, not sure
    where to go next. In the links I am having some dificulty seperating between
    what is necesary, and what are (rather old?) downloads/add-ins(?).

    I am trying to have excel open another excel file which is in an ftp server.

    I have no problem opening the file if I have previously conected to the
    server, but if I have not done this already it prompts me for a user name and
    password (no problem in principle, but would rather be able to skip this and
    have it all in the code).

    Looking through your references, I am pretty sure is should be fairly
    simple, along the lines of the following:

    FtpClient.URL = "ftp://address"
    FtpClient.UserName = "username"
    FtpClient.Password = "password"
    FtpClient.Connect

    but I am not sure what else I need to put around it (or if I really need to
    download and install the stuff in your three links).

    Help would be very, very much appreciated.

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Upload file on a server

    You can check this link at Randy Birch's site that shows how to connect with
    a username and password:

    http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?cod...tpdownload.htm

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...