Printer Capture

  1. #1
    Fred Ernst
    Guest

    Printer Capture

    Hi,

    Not a programming question, but I know the resources here are extraordinary.
    Does anyone know of way or perhaps a third party plug-in that will capture
    what is being sent to the printer from any application, and create a Word
    document or perhaps Excel document, just like Adobe does?

    I'm envisioning something in the printer choices that you could choose to do
    this. So what is exactly being sent to print (original's formatting, etc.)
    is captured.

    Thanks,
    Fred

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Printer Capture

    You can always install a new printer:

    Settings > Control Panel > Printers > Install New Printer and select the
    port to be FILE. I have only used this for Generic/Text Only. When you
    print to the new printer, Windows will ask to to assign a file.

    It is possible to define the printer as PostScript. This would certainly
    get richer formatting than just text only. But then you would need a tool to
    convert the PostScript to RTF to get it back into Word.
    --
    Gary's Student