Converting excel currently in english to spanish

  1. #1
    Bernabe P
    Guest

    Converting excel currently in english to spanish

    I'm built a spreadsheet that's currently in english. Is there a way that
    when I send it to my spanish counterpart the spreadsheet automatically
    converts to spanish when they open the english version?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Converting excel currently in english to spanish

    It will be "converted" automatically; Excel stores workbooks in a
    language-independent "language"
    There are a few exceptions: functions from Analysis Toolpak will not be
    translated and you may experience problems with literals, like formatting
    codes in TEXT functions, addresses in R1C1 reference style in INDIRECT
    functions, etc.
    But most "normal" functions and formulas will be converted correctly.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    objRobertMitchell
    Guest

    Re: Converting excel currently in english to spanish

    Could you please be a little more specific, so that others might be
    able to respond or help you resolve this issue quickly and easily.

  4. #4
    Bernabe P
    Guest

    Re: Converting excel currently in english to spanish

    How can I verify that it converts? I've tried to change the regional options
    to spanish but it won't convert the excel file to spanish when I open the
    file.

    Any suggestions?

  5. #5
    Bernabe P
    Guest

    Re: Converting excel currently in english to spanish

    For example I have the date function and would like the day to be in spanish
    instead of text like Sabado instead of Saturday.

  6. #6
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Converting excel currently in english to spanish

    You need a Spanish version of Excel to verify that.
    You can also search here:

    if you don't believe me

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Bernabe P
    Guest

    Re: Converting excel currently in english to spanish

    Thanks and I do believe you. Have a good holiday.