Drop-down list triggering the wrong routine

  1. #1
    Broadband Al
    Guest

    Drop-down list triggering the wrong routine

    I have a drop-down list box on sheet A of a workbook that triggers the
    _change() routine of another drop-down list box on sheet B, BEFORE triggering
    its own _change() routine. The list boxes do not have the same name. It only
    happens when both lists have a selected item and one is changed. I have used
    the "Caller" property which tells me that an error called the routine but I
    can't find any link between these two rotines, their linked cells or fill
    cells. Can anyone help explain this or how I can interrogate the system to
    find out its path?

  2. #2

    Re: Drop-down list triggering the wrong routine

    I'm betting that you have the linkedcell or the listfillrange on the same sheet.

    If you move those to another sheet, does it work ok?

    In fact, another option is to remove the linkedcell and listfillrange and
    populate the "linkedcell" via code and populate the listbox via code.

  3. #3
    Broadband Al
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down list triggering the wrong routine

    I have checked the linked cell and list fill - I have even deleted both boxes
    and recreated them in design time - the same occurs. I haven't tried
    run-time but I would really like to understand what is happening here. Any
    other ideas?

  4. #4

    Re: Drop-down list triggering the wrong routine

    Sorry, no.