Accessing data on Excel Spreadsheet

  1. #1

    Exclamation Accessing data on Excel Spreadsheet

    Hello,

    I have a VBA form with the following textfields
    ID
    Name
    Address

    I also have an excel spreadsheet with the same fields ie ID, Name and Address.
    I need to be able to use the command buttons cmdAdd, cmd Next, cmdPrev and cmdDelete to manupulate data on the spreadsheet.
    Someone help with the code please!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Accessing data on Excel Spreadsheet

    Forget code. Simply select your data table, and use Data / Form.... and you will get exactly that
    functionality without any programming.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RS-PLH
    Guest

    Need help for advanced feature that may or may not be possible - E

    I am looking to build a calendar or populate a calendar template with
    advertising print due dates and subsequent trigger dates, proof dates and the
    like.

    I have set up formulas to extrapolate the 6 dates based on the ad due date
    but now I want the program to look at my data worksheet and see a date in the
    future and grab the information in cell a4 and then find that date spot in a
    calendar and place the cell information there.

    As an example

    Magazine A
    Pub Date Due Date Trigger Date Info Date Proof Date etc
    1/1/06 12/15/05 11/24/05 12/1/05 12/8/05

    On my Calendar how do I get it to say if date in cell C3=12/15/05 then place
    contents of cells A1 and A3 into the calendar on 12/15/05

    I am an advanced or expert user of Excel but I am not sure the program is
    smart enough and the functionality equivalent to say do a VLOOKUP and then if
    then statements and populate a database.

    I am trying to build a structure where we can pop in issue dates and have it
    automate to fill in the due dates, and extraneous project step dates for us
    and pop them all neatly on a calender. If Excel doesn't have the
    functionality I would think it should be possible to relate the information
    to the Outlook Calendar and have it autopopulate there for me. However my
    experience with Outlook is less than my advanced experience with the standard
    MS Office programs.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Rae