Run-time error '1004'; Method 'Export' of object'_Chart' failed

  1. #1
    Father Guido
    Guest

    Run-time error '1004'; Method 'Export' of object'_Chart' failed

    When I run my macro in XL2003, I get the following Run-time error
    message 'Run-time error '1004'; Method 'Export' of object'_Chart'
    failed' everytime the macro runs the following line.

    ActiveChart.Export Filename:=LCase(SaveName), _
    FilterName:="GIF"

    Anyone have any suggestions? What is the error really trying to tell
    me?

    Thanks,

    Norm

  2. #2

    Re: Run-time error '1004'; Method 'Export' of object'_Chart' failed

    My first guess would be that SaveName wasn't valid.

  3. #3
    Father Guido
    Guest

    Re: Run-time error '1004'; Method 'Export' of object'_Chart' failed

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:20:51 -0600, Dave Peterson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    ~My first guess would be that SaveName wasn't valid.

    | You know what? You're right, I finally got it working -- the |
    | darned file name had a typo in it that I just couldn't see for |
    | the forest. Much apologies to all, and thank you all for your |
    | help over the last several days. |
    | |
    | Norm |

    ~>

  4. #4

    Re: Run-time error '1004'; Method 'Export' of object'_Chart' failed

    Gawd, I hate those!