share + macro

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Perth, Australia

    share + macro

    This may sound like a stupid question but.......I have finally finished my project but now when i go to share the workbook my macros no longer work, could someone pleeease let me know what i am doing wrong???

    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Peter Rooney
    Guest

    RE: share + macro

    Morning! :-)

    Did you create the macros in your personal workbook? That means they're only
    on your PC and if you copy the workbook to another PC, they won't be
    available.

    Does the PC on which you're trying to run the macros have a High security
    setting, which means that macros won't run?

    Just a few thoughts... hope they help.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Perth, Australia

    my macro needs to learn to share

    Hi! Thansk for the reply Mr Rooney :-)

    Im putting it onto a network drive which anyone can access, but even if i share the workbook just on my PC the macro wont work, it comes up with an error '400'

    How would i change mnymy macros so everyone can go in there and run them ??

    How very very annoying

  4. #4
    Peter Rooney
    Guest

    Re: share + macro

    Don't ANY of the macros run at all?

    How are you running them - via Alt-F8 or do you have buttons on your
    workbook that are connected to them?

    Can you tell me exactly what the errors say?

    Cheers

    Pete

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Perth, Australia

    my macro needs to learn to share

    Hi Mr Rooney!

    I have a button to run them, the one i am tryin to run copies rows with specific data in the first 5 columns from one sheet and pastes it onto my results sheet(it is meant to anyway) when i click on a button. The error that comes up is an error box with Microsoft Visual Basic as the heading and 400 as the error message. I have a button to run a simple sort as well and this seems to work, it is just getting the data from the other sheet that doesnt work, maybe its just one of the things that wont run when a workbook is shared ?

    Thanks for your help!

  6. #6
    Peter Rooney
    Guest

    Re: share + macro

    Hmm,

    You've got me stumped, as I don't know what error 400 is (unless the message
    has some other information).

    Sorry I can't be of any more help. What exactly did you do to "Share" the
    workbook?

    Pete