smtp server

  1. #1
    freddyb
    Guest

    smtp server

    My e-mail message was unable to be sent because my smtp server says the file
    was to large. Why? Can my file size be inceased and how do I do that.

  2. #2
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    Re: smtp server

    freddyb wrote:
    > My e-mail message was unable to be sent because my smtp server says the file
    > was to large. Why? Can my file size be inceased and how do I do that.

    -------------

    I assume you mean can your file size be *decreased*? If that's the question,
    then then answer is "maybe". Sometimes an Excel file gets loaded up with junk
    that's not visible to you. You can go to a web site for a way to pare away
    these unused cells at this URL: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html

    Search the page of for the phrase "Why do my scrollbars go to row 500"" which
    occurs about half way down the page. This process changed one of my files from
    11MB to 6MB.

    Alternatively you can also Zip compress a file. One of my 5.4MB Excel files
    compresses down to 1.7Mb using the Zip built into XP.

    Good luck...

    Bill