Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

  1. #1
    AccessHelp
    Guest

    Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

    I submitted the same tread a few weeks ago. As of today, I have not found a
    solution for the problem. I hope one of you had the same experience in the
    past and would like to share with me on the solution of the problem.

    Basically, I use the code from Ron (see below) to email an Excel sheet using
    Microsoft Outlook. Everyone in the company who uses this code has no problem
    using it, except one person. Everytime, he uses it on his computer he
    receives an automation error (Runtime error: 2147024770(8007007e)). When I
    debugged it, it pointed me to the code "Set OutApp =
    CreateObject("Outlook.Application")".

    When I ask him to send me his file (so that I can try it on my computer) and
    when I try it on my computer, I don't have any problem.

    I checked "References" in VBA on his computer, and he has all the references
    that I use. I also tried to submit the sheet when the Outlook is opened, and
    I still had problem.

    I know the problem is on his computer, not the code. I am trying to figure
    out what he is missing on his computer to trigger that problem.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim OutMail As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim strdate As String
    strdate = Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    ActiveSheet.Copy
    Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
    With wb
    .SaveAs "Part of " & ThisWorkbook.Name _
    & " " & strdate & ".xls"
    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
    With OutMail
    .To = "[email protected]"
    .CC = ""
    .BCC = ""
    .Subject = "This is the Subject line"
    .Body = "Hi there"
    .Attachments.Add wb.FullName
    'You can add other files also like this
    '.Attachments.Add ("C:\test.txt")
    .Send 'or use .Display
    End With
    .ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
    Kill .FullName
    .Close False
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Set OutMail = Nothing
    Set OutApp = Nothing

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

    Hi AccessHelp

    Try Late Binding
    See the example on my site

    There are AV programs that block this kind of code

    Have you try the SendMail example on that machine
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail2.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    AccessHelp
    Guest

    Re: Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

    Good morning Ron,

    Thanks for your help. We tried the late binding code below from you site,
    and it didn't work. He does have a Trio hooked up to Outlook. Do you think
    it's causing to happen?

    This is what happened after replacing the late binding code when we tested.
    After running the code, we didn't get any error message (Before we got an
    automation error message and a security warning from Outlook). When I looked
    up his "Sent Items" box in Outlook, I didn't see that email. I also checked
    the email box that supposed to send to, and his email never got into that
    email account.

    I also tried it on my computer after replacing with Late Binding, and I
    didn't have any problem. I even got a security warning message from Outlook.

    What do you think? As always, I appreciate your help. Below are the codes
    (I replaced the second one with the first one).

    Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim OutMail As Outlook.MailItem
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

    Dim OutApp As Object
    Dim OutMail As Object
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

    Hi AccessHelp

    Sounds like a machine with problems <g>

    If you use the code with Early binding you also get errors. Am I right.

  5. #5
    AccessHelp
    Guest

    Re: Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

    Hi Ron,

    When I use the late binding on his laptop, I didn't get any error message,
    not even the security warning from Outlook. It looked like it went through
    but it's not. I didn't see that email in his Sent Item folder. Also I
    didn't see that email coming in when I checked the Inbox of the email that we
    sent.

    However, when I use it on my laptop, I got an Outlook security warning and
    went throught.

    I have not tried the SendMail code. How is it different from the other code?

    Have you heard of that problem before? Thanks.

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

    Is Outlook the default mail program on his laptop

    Start>Settings>Control Panel....Internet options (Program Tab)
    Close Excel first before you make a change.

  7. #7
    AccessHelp
    Guest

    Re: Error on submitting an Excel Sheet using Outlook

    Yes, Outlook is the default mail program on his laptop. Is it a factor?

    Thanks.