Adding text to body of email with workbook attached.

  1. #1

    Adding text to body of email with workbook attached.

    Hi

    My manager now wants to add text to the body of email being sent by a excel macro with a workbook attached. I have seen on other postings a different method using .Mail rather than .SendMail (see snippet below). As a newbie not sure of the differences but if I try .Mail it comes up with 2 security warnings (which ideally I would like to skip). Which brings me onto the second part how to implement :-

    .Display
    Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
    Application.SendKeys "%S"

    so the email sends without intervention.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Andrew

    Sub Email_test()
    ActiveSheet.Copy
    sheet_name = ActiveSheet.Name
    Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
    email_contact_address = “Test_Contact@xxx
    File_Title = "Test_sheet"
    ActiveSheet.Buttons.Delete
    ActiveSheet.Range("A1:X35").ClearComments

    ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False

    Range("X1:BB50").Select
    Selection.Clear
    Range("A1").Select

    ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
    With wb
    .SaveAs File_Title
    ' .Body = "Please note:- " <<<<<<<<<<
    .SendMail email_contact_address, _
    Email_Title

    ' .Display <<<<<<<<<<
    'Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02")) <<<<<<<<<<
    'Application.SendKeys "%S" <<<<<<<<<<
    .ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
    .Close True
    End With
    Kill Timesheet_Title ' Attempt to delete open
    End Sub

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Adding text to body of email with workbook attached.

    Hi

    With SendMail this is not possible.
    You must use the Outlook Object model if you run Outlook.

    See my site for example code
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Adding text to body of email with workbook attached.

    Hi
    You cannot avoid the warning but you could consider using CDO to send mail,
    see the following excellent reference.....

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

  4. #4
    Thanks to you both. I will give CDO a try.

    Andrew