Read a .xls file and insert its values to certain lines in a text

  1. #1
    Thegman
    Guest

    Read a .xls file and insert its values to certain lines in a text

    Hi,

    I have an Excel speadsheet that contains paper run info. which I need to
    combine with other info which is contained in a text file.

    I'm just wondering is it possible to do this with VBA or should I try and do
    it using Visual Studio?

    How would I go about it?

    Thanks in advance,

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Read a .xls file and insert its values to certain lines in a text

    Assuming the text file has discernible structure then you can open this into
    an Excel worksheet and use this data for your application.

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thegman
    Guest

    Re: Read a .xls file and insert its values to certain lines in a t

    Hi Nigel,

    Thanks for that but this needs to be done automatically. I have an Excel
    spreadsheet that contains the following in no particular order: name, address,
    run number, quantity, etc.

    What I'd like would be to open the Excel file and insert its contents into a
    table then query this table at a later date.

    Thanks again,