searching rows and coloumns

  1. #1
    Juuljus
    Guest

    searching rows and coloumns

    I'm struggeling with a search.
    How can I select all the rows, that meet a certan criteria and and copy
    then into another workbook. And then from those rows select a certan
    coloumns (again that meet a certan criteria).

    Thanks, Juuljus

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: searching rows and coloumns

    Hi Juuljus,

    Consider using Excel's Autofilter or Advanced Filter features.

    If you want to automate this, turn on the macro recorder while you perform
    the rquisite steps. The resultant code may be edited to provide more general
    application.

    If you adopt the Advanced Filter approach, bear in mind that the filter
    should be invoked from the destination sheet.

    If you experience problems whilst editing your code, post back with
    specifics.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Juuljus
    Guest

    Re: searching rows and coloumns

    Thanks Norman,

    I used the Advanced Filter. It works almost fine.
    The table I take the data from has some colors and boarders. I don't
    want them. I tried to use ColorIndex:=xlNone, LineStyle:=xlNone inside
    the autofilter sentence, but it gave an error. Is there a way?
    Plus, I want to get the exact match. I searched for "IS", but the
    filter also gave "IS 2" and "IS W".

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: searching rows and coloumns

    Hi Juuljus.

    > I used the Advanced Filter. It works almost fine.
    > The table I take the data from has some colors and boarders. I don't
    > want them. I tried to use ColorIndex:=xlNone, LineStyle:=xlNone
    > inside the autofilter sentence, but it gave an error. Is there a way?

    Post the relevant code.

    > Plus, I want to get the exact match. I searched for "IS", but the
    > filter also gave "IS 2" and "IS W".

    To get an exact match, enter the criterion as:

    ="=IS"

    ---

  5. #5
    Juuljus
    Guest

    Re: searching rows and coloumns

    Hi Norman,

    Already found answers to both my questions. But thanks anyway. I bet I
    will have more questions in the next couple of days, so hopefully we
    will talk again.

    Thankfully,
    Juuljus