View Control of Form Controls

  1. #1
    John Jost
    Guest

    View Control of Form Controls

    In my Excel workbook, sheet1, I have added several option (radio) buttons
    from the Forms Toolbar along with some frames and checkboxes. In cell B10,
    and C10 I have two radio buttons, one is Pre Sales and the second is Post
    Sales

    If I select Pre Sales I will hide rows 50-100 which is the Post Sales
    information. If I select Post Sales I will hide the Pre Sales rows
    15-49. I can do this hide show, no problem by creating views, however, any
    form objects, frames, checkboxes or radio buttons in these sections do not
    hide, they always show.

    How can I control the form objects using views, or hide/show?

  2. #2
    DM Unseen
    Guest

    Re: View Control of Form Controls

    For each object:

    left click,select Format Control, then Properties tab: select "Size and
    move with cells"

    DM Unseen

  3. #3
    chijanzen
    Guest

    RE: View Control of Form Controls

    John:

    TopLeftCell Property:Returns a Range object that represents the cell that
    lies under the upper-left corner of the specified object

    try,

    Dim shp As Shape
    For Each shp In Sheet1.Shapes
    ss = shp.TopLeftCell.Row
    If shp.TopLeftCell.Row > 15 And shp.TopLeftCell.Row < 49 Then
    shp.Visible = msoFalse
    End If
    Next shp

    --
    天行健,君*以自強不息
    地勢坤,君*以厚德載物

    http://www.vba.com.tw/plog/

  4. #4
    John Jost
    Guest

    Re: View Control of Form Controls

    My "Size and Move with Cells" is greyed out? so far cant find the way to get
    it back on. I'm using Excel 2003

  5. #5
    John Jost
    Guest

    RE: View Control of Form Controls

    very interesting. I will give this a try