SHIFT doesn't prevent macro from running at startup

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Jarryd
    Guest

    SHIFT doesn't prevent macro from running at startup

    Hello,

    I have a bit of a problem. I have a macro that uses Workbook_Open to fire
    at startup. I amended it so that it closed the application when done. Now
    I can't get back in to it. I thought this wouldn't be a problem because I
    could simply hold down the shift key and it prevent it from running, but it
    isn't working. Please help. This macro has taken ages to piece together
    and it is pretty much finished. Just a few tweaks and now I can't get into
    it. Tried to import with VBA and that hasn't worked!! What can I do?

    TIA,

    Jarryd

  2. #2
    If your startup macros are anything like mine, you remove the toolbars and menu bars to restrict user options. If this is the case, this is what I do when I get caught in macro hell. When the macro is done executing and a screen is displayed, just press the Ctrl + w. This will ask if you want to close the workbook. Just answer no and you should have all your toolbars and menus back.

    But I have never had the shift key not work, so this is just a stab in the dark.

  3. #3
    Gixxer_J_97
    Guest

    Re: SHIFT doesn't prevent macro from running at startup

    If that doesn't work you can always open excel (without a open workbook),
    change your macro security Tools -> Macro -> Security and set it to high.
    Opening the workbook with the macro in it should prompt you to enable /
    disable macros. Disable them, then you can get in.

    hth

  4. #4
    Jarryd
    Guest

    Re: SHIFT doesn't prevent macro from running at startup

    Thanks everyone. I am in. I have exported the macro to a cls file just in
    case.

    news:[email protected]...