Error:Paste Special method of range class failed

  1. #1
    ca1358
    Guest

    Error:Paste Special method of range class failed

    These two lines I get this error, could any on tell me why?
    1- rngToPaste.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks _
    :=False, Transpose:=False

    2- Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks _
    :=False, Transpose:=False

    Thanks

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim rngToCopy As Range
    Dim rngToPaste As Range
    Dim wksToPaste As Worksheet

    'Copy Data1 and paste to Temp Table
    Set rngToCopy = Sheets("pricing tool").Range("data1")
    Set wksToPaste = Sheets("TempTable")
    Set rngToPaste = wksToPaste.Cells(Rows.Count, _
    "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

    rngToCopy.Copy
    wksToPaste.Unprotect "Cubs1908"
    rngToPaste.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
    :=False, Transpose:=False
    wksToPaste.Protect "Cubs1908"

    Application.CutCopyMode = False

    'Open new workbook to create text file
    Workbooks.Add

    SkipBlanks _
    :=False, Transpose:=False
    Application.ActiveSheet.Paste
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

    Sheets("Sheet3").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete

    Sheets("Sheet2").Select

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Error:Paste Special method of range class failed

    I don't see any problem with your first pase special to the range object. My
    only question would be what exactly is range data1. Are you running out of
    rows?

    As for the cesond paste it will not work becuase you set
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

    which removes the copy. Place that line at the very end of the sub and you
    should be good to go...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3

    Re: Error:Paste Special method of range class failed

    Sometimes when you do things the clipboard gets cleared.

    Unprotect does that when you do it manually.

    so change the order of things:

    wksToPaste.Unprotect "Cubs1908"
    rngToCopy.Copy
    rngToPaste.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
    :=False, Transpose:=False
    wksToPaste.Protect "Cubs1908"

    (That was a very good year!)