the most frustrating control

  1. #1
    Georgia

    Angry the most frustrating control

    does anybody know of a site, book, or even person that know EXACTLY how a combo box works in Excel 2003 userforms? i've been looking everywhere and just about every source i've found either doesn't even give that control the time of day, or lies about what events get called when or what properties hold what.

    any help is appreciated,
    sven
    Last edited by medicenpringles; 12-12-2005 at 07:54 PM. Reason: typos
    Brought to you by Pringles and his infinite genius. ~''~

    "Ctrl+Z is a beautiful thing."
    - Me.

  2. #2
    Alok
    Guest

    RE: the most frustrating control

    Maybe, if you post the details of the problem that you are having, someone
    can suggest something?

    Alok

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: the most frustrating control

    Perhaps describing the problem rather than just sounding off will help us to
    help you.

    RP

    "medicenpringles"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: the most frustrating control

    > any help is appreciated,

    What help do you expect when you're obviously sounding off rather than
    asking a question that can be answered effectively.

    Certainly XL/VBA Help doesn't lie, and there's extensive information
    there about comboboxes, their properties and methods, and it lists all
    the events that are fired. That doesn't mean there aren't bugs or that
    you're interpreting the information correctly, of course.

    What don't you understand?

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    medicenpringles

  5. #5
    Georgia
    what i have is a userform with a combo box, cmbSelectIngredient, and two text boxes, txtIngredientName and txtAmount. in the DropButtonClick event of the combo box i have this code:
    and in the Change event i have this code:
    and this as initialization:
    basically, what i try to achieve with this code is storing a string and a single into thier corresponding arrays, then when a previously stored ingredient is selected, i would like to fill the textboxes with the information previously stored in the array. but i'm getting all sorts of problems. mainly because i can't figure out how to recall the values into the textboxes. my code seems like it would do it, but since the ListIndex isn't changed until after the Change event it called, i think it may be impossible to do because i can't predict which line the user will select. maybe there's some way of finding out which line is selected before the Change event is called?