execute a macro

  1. #1
    Rossy
    Guest

    execute a macro

    I've exported the results of a parametric query in an excel file (I've setup
    the file and the spreadsheet)
    Then I've built a macro that replace some words with others..then I've built
    a pivot table and I've copied and paste it on another excel file .Of course
    the above macro can't be attached to the excel file because it changes
    everytime I update the query so it deletes itself .So I've had the idea of
    export the results of the query in the excel file then close it and put the
    macro I've built on the third excel file..
    is it possible to execute a macro on a file that it's closed ??

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: execute a macro

    No. But you have a workbook that automatically opens when Excel opens,
    Personal.xls, and it stays hidden so it doesn't get in the way.

    Go to Tool>Macro>Record New Macro, and select Personal Macro Workbook from
    the dropdown in the dialog, then OK. Immediately click the Stop button, and
    you will have a Personal.xls. You can copy your macro into there.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rossy
    Guest

    Re: execute a macro

    I know that but I'd like it to work on every pc