conditional sum

  1. #1
    Pierre via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    conditional sum

    Hi experts,

    I have column S in which there are only numbers
    i have column P in which the condition is put

    I would like, in A1, to sum all cells in column S where in column P the word
    'closed' is put in.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Pierre

  2. #2
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: conditional sum

    Hi Pierre,

    =SUMIF(P:P,"closed",S:S)

    Ken Johnson

  3. #3
    Pierre via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: conditional sum

    Thanks Ken, this helps a lot but...

    what if 'closed' is not hte only condition...

    i would like the sum of column S if in colum P it says Closed or lost...
    any ideas ? i've been fidling but no succes...
    Thanks,
    Pierre

  4. #4
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: conditional sum

    Hi Pierre,
    How about:

    =SUMIF(P:P,"Closed",S:S) + SUMIF(P:P,"lost",S:S)

    Hope this helps!

    Ken Johnson