Ignoring reference errors

  1. #1
    Mike Jerakis
    Guest

    Ignoring reference errors

    I have a file that on my machine I need it to do things in VBA with other
    add-ins. To use those add-ins in Excel, you must create a reference to the
    ..XLA and then there is VBA code to take advantage of the add-in.

    I would like to send this file as a whole to do someone else and not have
    library reference errors. There is VBA code with references to this library
    spread throughout the various modules. So when a user without this one
    library tries to open the file, the VB tries to compile and cannot correctly
    do so and therefore renders all the VBA code useless.

    Is there a way to get the file to open with regard to these library
    problems? And let the rest of the VBA needs get used?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Ignoring reference errors

    I think you have to make a different version of your workbook, one with the
    references removed and all code calling referenced routines removed or
    commented out or put inside conditional compilation directives.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike Jerakis
    Guest

    Re: Ignoring reference errors

    Specifically, where do I find out how to create "conditional compilation
    directives?" In the VBA help there is only 1 very short page on it. Is
    there better info, somewhere else?

  4. #4
    Mike Jerakis
    Guest

    Re: Ignoring reference errors

    Is there a way to also add a reference to an add-in within conditional
    compiliation? Specifically is there a way to make this reference in code only
    and not through the VBE interface. So that with a flick of variable I can
    decide whether to use an add-in or let the spreadsheet model work without it
    entirely? Examples are greatly appreciated. This would solve so many of my
    problems when sending files to people. Thanks.