intersection of named ranges

  1. #1
    Dave B
    Guest

    intersection of named ranges

    My worksheet has several named rows (e.g. "Wins", "Losses", etc). If I
    were to name the columns as well (e.g. "Year1999", "Year2005", etc),
    could I use the named ranges in a formula to get, say, wins for year
    2002? Something like ... =INTERSECTION(WINS,Year1999). Is there a
    built-in formula (or combination of fuormulas) in Excel 2000 that will
    do this?

    If not, can I at least use the named rows in my formulas ... e.g.
    something like =Cells(Wins, "C") ?

    I'd like to do this using built-in functions, although if I have to
    I'll use a custom function. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: intersection of named ranges

    =WINS Year1999

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dave B
    Guest

    Re: intersection of named ranges

    Thanks. What about using just the row name? (For pasting the formula
    across all the columns) e.g. =WINS ThisColumn

  4. #4
    Dave B
    Guest

    Re: intersection of named ranges

    Sorry to bother. =WINS does it (Excel automatically uses the current
    column ... how nice)

  5. #5
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest