Do not copy code from template

  1. #1
    Cathy W
    Guest

    Do not copy code from template

    Hello.

    I have a template that has code attached to it as follows:

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()

    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways

    Call openfile
    Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False

    End Sub

    Private Sub openfile()

    Dim sDailyReport As String
    Dim vFileName As Variant

    ChDrive "K"
    ChDir "K:\Individual Directories\Woodford, Cathy\Daily Report"
    filetoopen = Application.GetOpenFileName("Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")
    If filetoopen <> False Then
    Workbooks.Open FileName:=filetoopen
    Else
    MsgBox "User Clicked Cancel, Exiting"
    Exit Sub
    End If

    ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized
    ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized
    Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1).Value = filetoopen

    End Sub

    Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
    Cancel As Boolean)

    Dim ws As Worksheet

    For Each ws In Worksheets
    With ws.Cells
    .Copy
    .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    End With
    Next ws

    Application.CutCopyMode = False

    End Sub

    What this does is when the user double clicks the template icon, the
    template opens and then the open dialog opens so the user can select a file
    to take values from to populate the template. I don't want an open diaglog
    box to open when the user saves it as a .xls file, which means I have to get
    rid of the code somehow. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Do not copy code from template

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()

    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways

    if thisWorkbook.Path = "" then Call openfile
    Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False

    End Sub

    Might be what you want.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Cathy W
    Guest

    Re: Do not copy code from template

    Thank you soooooo much! That worked wonderful! If you lived in Newfoundland,
    I would bake you some cookies! Thanks again and have a great Christmas!

    Cathy