Analysing outlook calender

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Analysing outlook calender

    Hi,

    I've written some code that puts information from excel into an Outlook
    calender item.

    One idea I have is to place a unique id in one of the outlook fields
    and use this as a field that I can search and locate items and see if
    they have changed from the information that is in excel. e.g. if the
    date has changed for example.

    Is this possible and how do I go about doing it.

    Thanks
    David

  2. #2
    David Lloyd
    Guest

    Re: Analysing outlook calender

    David:

    One option would be to create a custom property for the calendar item to
    store the unique id. The following KB article shows how to create such a
    property for a contact item. You can use the same approach for a calendar
    item.

    Once the unique id property is created and assigned a value, you can
    retrieve its value by either using the Find method of the UserProperties
    collection, or by using the AdvancedSearch method of the Application object.
    You can find more information on the AdvancedSearch method here:

    David Lloyd
    MCSD .NET
    http://LemingtonConsulting.com

    This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties.