VB for Deleting Rows in Excel

  1. #1
    carolini
    Guest

    VB for Deleting Rows in Excel

    Can some one show me how to write a code that will delete rows from column A
    that has either one of the following in the rows/cells: Application, Count or
    Sum

    Thank you!!

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: VB for Deleting Rows in Excel

    Hi carolini

    Start here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

    If you need more help post back

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    carolini
    Guest

    Re: VB for Deleting Rows in Excel

    Wow, this helped! though how can I get to to begin at a specific row ex. A5?

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: VB for Deleting Rows in Excel

    Hi carolini

    You see I have 3 example macro's on that page

    Sub Example1()
    Sub Example2()
    Sub Example3()

    1) Loop through all the rows in the UsedRange (this is the first row with data till the last row with data on your sheet)
    It can be slower if the column that you check doesn't use so many rows or if your UsedRange is bigger then you data.
    you can find more information on Debra Dalgleish's Web Site about this http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused
    2) You can fill in the StartRow and the EndRow yourself.
    3) You can fill in the StartRow and the code will find the last row with data in the column that you want to check.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: VB for Deleting Rows in Excel

    Set StartRow to 5 not 1 as in Ron's examples.

    Bob Phillips

  6. #6
    carolini