? how to pull data from another sheet based on value

  1. #1
    ggodfroy
    Guest

    ? how to pull data from another sheet based on value

    I want to put a value in a cell on SheetB for todays day (monday, tuesday,
    etc.) and based on that value i want to pull data from the column on SheetA
    that has the valuse for that day and put it into a corresponding column in
    SheetB.

    So if i type in Monday on SheetB, I want to have the data in the Monday
    column in SheetA be copied into SheetB. The data will be in multiple rows in
    the column.

    not sure if that makes sense but any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: ? how to pull data from another sheet based on value

    Look in Excel Help at the indirect worksheet function.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: ? how to pull data from another sheet based on value

    The macro recorder can help you learn. Here I selected the header row of the
    data base and used data>filter>autofilter>filtered for monday>copied to the
    other sheet. Of course, this can be greatly enhanced by removing all of the
    selections. Assumes you had mon, tue, wed, etc typed in col b of the source
    sheet.
    this should get you started.

    Sub Macro6()
    '
    ' Macro6 Macro
    ' Macro recorded 12/16/2005 by Don Guillett
    '

    '
    Range("A4:B4").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="Mon"
    Range("A8:B15").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("5 production worksheet").Select
    Range("C8").Select