Minimize Excel also hides all User Forms

  1. #1
    Tom Snoiker
    Guest

    Minimize Excel also hides all User Forms

    I have an Excel based app that displays a userform. If I
    minimize Excel, it forces the Form to also hide.

    I assume there must be a way to avoid this, but after years of
    living with it, I'd be pleased to find out the method.

  2. #2
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: Minimize Excel also hides all User Forms

    Tom,

    Application.visible = False

    hth,

    Doug
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DM Unseen
    Guest

    Re: Minimize Excel also hides all User Forms

    look at:

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCou...le=FormFun.zip

    from stephen bullen. using the formchanger class and setting your form
    to show on the taskbar will prevent it from minimizing when excel does.

    Dm Unseen

  4. #4
    Tom Snoiker
    Guest

    Re: Minimize Excel also hides all User Forms

    Nice. A little more intense than I was hoping for , but I'm sure I
    can work throught it.

    The Application.visible = False, I don't think does what I need, I
    was familiar with that command. Also, if you issue that and close
    the form, I don't think you can get back into Excel, you have to end
    the process. Doesn't show up in the tray.

  5. #5
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: Minimize Excel also hides all User Forms

    Tom,

    I'm glad you found something that works. I was assuming you'd set
    Application.Visible back to true before the form was closed (and if an error
    occurred).