best way to remove external links

  1. #1
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    best way to remove external links

    after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way to
    remove the links and just save the values?

    --

    Gary

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: best way to remove external links

    Take a look at findlinks...

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    doesn't find any links, this is a query to a text file that i need to delete

    sorry

    --

    Gary

    "Jim Thomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    That is a good one. I am not 100% sure. I am a little busy today but I will
    see if I can find something...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    activesheet.querytables(1).Delete

    adjust to refer to the correct table.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    Please fix your system date

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

  7. #7
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    i did, that's windows vista that plays games with the date's and times

    --

    Gary

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    Promising! :-)

  9. #9

    Re: best way to remove external links

    Are you sure your time zone is correct?

  10. #10
    Jana
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    Gary:

    I currently use code that loops through the entire workbook and deletes
    the external data source definitions, yet leaves the data it grabbed
    like this:

    Sub FreezeData()
    Dim MyQT, qt As QueryTable
    Dim i As Integer
    For Each Sheet In Sheets
    i = Sheet.Index
    For Each qt In Worksheets(i).QueryTables
    Set MyQT = qt
    MyQT.Delete
    Next
    Next
    End Sub

    HTH,
    Jana

  11. #11
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    thanks, jana

    --

    Gary

    news:[email protected]...

  12. #12
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    deleting my original post to get it off of the top

    --

    Gary

  13. #13
    Jana
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    You're quite welcome, Gary. Let me know if that works for you.

    Jana

  14. #14
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    jana's code is error prone...

    To delete members of a collection:
    NEVER iterate a collection by object
    ALWAYS enumerate by numerical index from Highest to Lowest
    THEN delete.

    --
    keepITcool

  15. #15
    Jana
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    Thanks,
    I never knew that could cause a problem...I am still pretty new at
    coding in excel. How would you recommend the code be altered?
    Jana

  16. #16
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    Sub FreezeData()
    Dim MyQT As QueryTable
    Dim i As Long
    Dim j As Long
    For Each Sheet In Sheets
    i = Sheet.Index
    For j = Worksheets(i).QueryTables.Count To 1 Step -1
    Set MyQT = Worksheets(i).QueryTables(j)
    MyQT.Delete
    Next
    Next

    RP

  17. #17
    Jana
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    RP:
    Thanks very much! I will implement the changes you've made.

    Appreciate the clarification

    Jana

  18. #18
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links

    Hi

    It is an ODBC query, is it?
    Insert>Name>Delete - and delete named range(s) which determine(s) returned
    data range(s)

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

  19. #19
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: best way to remove external links