Email workbook question

  1. #1

    Email workbook question

    I had successfully set up a program that emails a page of a workbook. I stopped working on it and decided to polish it a bit.

    In the code directly before the email subroutine starts, i have a note that says "Remember to reference the Microsoft outlook library". Funny thing is, i cant remember where this is, or why I did it (or even if I have to). Since I am getting a new computer soon I need to know where this is and why I did it in the first place.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Email workbook question

    Hi Pete

    See one of the Outlook object model examples on my site
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
    You can find it there

    Below the macro there is also a example for Late binding
    Check this out

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ah that was it.

    So Im guessing it is safe to say that this is inherent to the spreadsheet, therefore If i save it to a disk and start it on the new computer this box will already be checked?

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Email workbook question

    hi Pete

    If you set the reference in Excel 2002 for example and send it to someone with Excel 2000
    it is not working. But from 2000 to 2002 it is working.

    Use Late binding to avoid this problem

  5. #5
    Right, Im pretty sure I will be the only one using this and I know I wont be changing versions, however I may throw the late binding into there to be efficient in case the version changes later on.

    Thanks for everything Ron