convert from wordperfect to excel

  1. #1
    A.Q
    Guest

    convert from wordperfect to excel

    Hi all,
    I need to program an excel add-in that convert from wordperfect file into a
    Table within Excel, I don't know where to start at this point. I do have a
    clsFileDialog, but don't know how to use in VBA.

    Or Is there an Add-in to Excel, or a Cheap Programme (preferably Free) that
    will
    let me convert from wordperfect file into a Table within Excel.

    Thanks for any help that you can give

    AQ

  2. #2
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: convert from wordperfect to excel

    Can't you just <copy> the table in WordPerfect, then select Excel and
    <paste> the file into the worksheet?

    Pete

  3. #3

    Re: convert from wordperfect to excel

    Yes, but you have to go thru several steps like copy to clipboard,
    paste to notebook, save as .txt or.cvs then open excel, use file//open
    to open file, then in the text import wizard, set text, date... etc...
    I mean you have do to it manually. but I'm looking for excel add-in
    that will help me cut down the processes. Like just open excel and
    click on wordperfect document then open to excel.

    AQ

  4. #4
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: convert from wordperfect to excel

    Sorry, I don't understand this. I have WordPerfect9, Excel 2000 and Win
    XP. I've just set up a simple 4-row 3-column table in WP with mixed
    text and numbers. I highlighted the table, clicked <copy>, clicked over
    to the Excel window in cell A1, and clicked <paste>. The table was
    transfered no problem.

    Are you using an earlier version of WordPerfect?

    Pete

  5. #5
    A.Q
    Guest

    Re: convert from wordperfect to excel

    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for reply,
    the documents are in wordperfect8/9 version. I doesn't work the way you
    said, just copy and paste.

    Anyway, my manager want an Excel Add-In, that programming with Visual Bacis
    code which will do the job automately, not manually like you and I trying
    right now.

    Thnx
    AQ

  6. #6
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: convert from wordperfect to excel

    AQ,
    Apparently, one of WordPerfect 9 Features is:
    "Visual Basic for Applications Integration--lets you develop VBA
    applications to control WordPerfect 9 through the OLE Automation Type
    Library. The main object exposed by WordPerfect 9 is the PerfectScript
    object, which consists of all the functions currently available in the
    PerfectScript language,..."

    I assume you have WordPerfect 9. Unlike me.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...