SelectionChange event

  1. #1
    Kate
    Guest

    SelectionChange event

    Hi, I'm setting up spreadsheet with a text frame that
    appears at the top whenever a cell is selected, if that cell
    contains a data validation input message. The input message
    is displayed. I'd like this to work no matter HOW the cell
    is entered: either by clicking on with mouse, tabbing into,
    or ENTERING into (this last is what doesn't work). If the
    user enters data in a cell then pushes ENTER, the new cell's
    data validation input message isn't displayed.

    It seems as though SelectionChange would be the event to
    trigger this, but Nooooo.

    Does anyone have any ideas on what event this should be
    coded to?

    THanks to all,
    Kate

  2. #2
    PaulD
    Guest

    Re: SelectionChange event

    news:[email protected]...
    :
    : It seems as though SelectionChange would be the event to
    : trigger this, but Nooooo.
    :
    : Does anyone have any ideas on what event this should be
    : coded to?
    :
    : THanks to all,
    : Kate

    Using Office Pro XP version of excel, pressing enter, tab, mouse click, or
    arrow keys all fire the selectionchange event. What version of excel are
    you using or am I not understanding the question.

    Paul D

  3. #3
    Kate
    Guest

    Re: SelectionChange event

    Paul, sorry, I think I've figured it out. I have a change
    event occurring on the sheet, which is undoubtedly
    interfering with the display of the message. Thanks for
    your help,
    Kate