how can i use cell information as a tab name automatically?

  1. #1
    Locke
    Guest

    how can i use cell information as a tab name automatically?

    I have a large workbook consisting of approximately 60 sheets that I use for
    tracking stats in the sports that I coach. Right now I have to manually
    change the name of each Tab to match what I want it to show, but I'm
    wondering if there is a way to make it so that the tabs change automatically
    to reflect a change in a worksheet. For example, I have a roster sheet, and
    I have an individual stat sheet for each of the players and I would like the
    individual sheets to be automatically named according to what is in the names
    column of the roster sheet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in
    advance.

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: how can i use cell information as a tab name automatically?

    You could capture a worksheet change event, then change the name of the sheet
    according to the rules you set forth.
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how can i use cell information as a tab name automatically?

    Roster is the first sheet and the player sheets start with 2 in the tab
    order.

    Sub NameSheets()
    Dim i as Long, cell as Range
    i = 2
    for each cell in Worksheets("Roster").Range("A2:A40")
    worksheets(i).Name = cell.Value
    i = i + 1
    Next
    End Sub