Programatically Unlocking a Project in the VBIDE

  1. #1
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Programatically Unlocking a Project in the VBIDE

    Here is the situation. We have a bunch of spreadsheets all with the same
    module in them. I need to add Option Private Module at the top of these
    modules as they expose some procedures that should not be exposed to the
    users. I have the code to insert the line but the spreadsheets that contain
    this module are locked. I have the password, but when I look at the VBIDE
    object I can not find a method for unlocking the project. Chip's site does
    not mention how to unlock the project and I can not find a solution on the
    net...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Programatically Unlocking a Project in the VBIDE

    There is no programmatic way to unlock a protected project. The
    only way is to attempt to use SendKeys. Not a very satisfactory
    solution.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: Programatically Unlocking a Project in the VBIDE

    Thanks Chip... That is what I was afraid of... My own mistake for leaving the
    procedures exposed to the users... Now I get to fix them all manually...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson