Is it possible for a single chart to have multiple Y axes scales

  1. #1
    Chuck
    Guest

    Is it possible for a single chart to have multiple Y axes scales

    Is it possible to have separate Y-axes scales for each series in an XY graph
    and to have a separate Y-axis "line" with tick marks for each series? All
    series have a common X-axis.

    Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4

    I don't want to multiply or divide each series by an arbitrary value so they
    can plot against a common Y scale.

    Chuck

  2. #2
    voodooJoe
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible for a single chart to have multiple Y axes scales

    only 2 - primary and secondary Ys are available in any one chart
    you 'could' layer charts over top of each other - messy and potentially
    flammable, but it will work

    make all charts the same size
    format so only 1 set of X axis values are visible, format the x axis lines
    so they are visible
    use x axis lines to align all charts with each other

    - vdJ

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chuck
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible for a single chart to have multiple Y axes scales

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:04:34 -0500, "voodooJoe" <[email protected]> wrote:

    vdj, Thank you very much for your help.
    Layering looks promising. Will try it later today. Graph format from one set
    of data to another is fairly consistant. Maybe not too much friction between
    layers.

    Chuck

  4. #4
    Chuck
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible for a single chart to have multiple Y axes scales

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:04:34 -0500, "voodooJoe" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >only 2 - primary and secondary Ys are available in any one chart
    >you 'could' layer charts over top of each other - messy and potentially
    >flammable, but it will work
    >
    >make all charts the same size
    >format so only 1 set of X axis values are visible, format the x axis lines
    >so they are visible
    >use x axis lines to align all charts with each other
    >
    >- vdJ

    Thank you. It was a bear to setup, but it works.

    Chuck