Creating a year of weekdays automatically?

  1. #1
    waterskyle
    Guest

    Creating a year of weekdays automatically?

    I want to create a workbook with 5 sheets and across the top row, I want the
    dates for ALL weekdays in the year so that each day is the heading for a
    column. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Creating a year of weekdays automatically?

    Not possible waterskyle

    There are only 256 columns and there are more days in a year

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Creating a year of weekdays automatically?

    Ron's correct in that there are more weekdays in a year than columns
    available in Excel. But if you can also exclude holidays, then you can use
    the workday function from the analysis toolpak. With 1/2/2006 in B1, then in
    C1, =workday(b1,1,holidays), and fill across.

  4. #4
    JNW
    Guest

    RE: Creating a year of weekdays automatically?

    c1 formula should read =workday($b$1,1,holidays)

    This also would only work if there were at least 6 holidays on a weekday
    during the year

  5. #5
    JNW
    Guest

    RE: Creating a year of weekdays automatically?

    sorry, the formula is right. One of those days.........

    Same still holds true about the number of holidays required.

  6. #6
    waterskyle
    Guest

    RE: Creating a year of weekdays automatically?

    Thank you all very much!!!