create formula to compare cell 1 with a range of cell

  1. #1
    KKXC
    Guest

    create formula to compare cell 1 with a range of cell

    I am trying to create a formula that compares Cell A2 to cell Range B2:B25,
    so that if A2=B2:B25, it returns true, else it returns false and copy the
    formula all the way way down in Column A. Currently I am using the IF
    function. But it doesn't really work the way I want. It's only doing a cell
    by cell comparison. I am putting the formula in Cell C2, at this point it is
    check to see if Cell A2=B2, if it matches then it returns true. In Cell C3,
    it returns true if Cell A3=B3. But I want to check if A3=A2, A3=A3, A3=A4
    etc. Any ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: create formula to compare cell 1 with a range of cell

    Try:

    Countif(B2:B25,A2)>0
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3

    Re: create formula to compare cell 1 with a range of cell

    I also like to do
    =if(or(a2=b2:b25),"Found,"Not Found") then enter it as an array formula
    (press shift enter at the end). I guess you could this or the above
    formula depending on your exact use.

    -Andrew V. Romero