Built-in Excel constant for maximum number of rows, for columns?

  1. #1
    Howard Kaikow
    Guest

    Built-in Excel constant for maximum number of rows, for columns?

    Are there built-in Excel constants for maximum number of rows, for columns?

  2. #2
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: Built-in Excel constant for maximum number of rows, for columns?

    AFAIK no and don't see how a constant would be viable. The number of rows &
    columns in a sheet is version dependant. Although versions 8-11 have 65536 x
    256, earlier versions have less and I understand XL12 will have considerably
    more.

    nRows = ActiveSheet.Rows.Count
    nCols = ActiveSheet.Columns.Count

    Regards,
    Peter T

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Built-in Excel constant for maximum number of rows, for columns?

    Yes, Rows.Count and Columns.Count

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Built-in Excel constant for maximum number of rows, for columns?

    Note that these really aren't' constants, but are properties of the Rows
    and Columns collection (which are child objects of Worksheet - not
    qualifying them defaults to the ActiveSHeet).

    Since the number of rows in a worksheet is version dependent, using this
    method is superior to constants, since Rows.Count will return the number
    of rows in the activesheet for XL4 (16757), and XL97-04 (65536) and will
    return over 1,000,000 for XL12.

  5. #5
    Howard Kaikow
    Guest

    Re: Built-in Excel constant for maximum number of rows, for columns?

    Ayup, I should have said "property", instead of "constant".

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
    news:[email protected]...