a letter equal to a number

  1. #1
    Grenaa Music school
    Guest

    a letter equal to a number

    Hello out there

    Working on a schedule for my teachers:
    1 means the student attended the lesson and will get paid
    A means the teacher cancelled the lesson and the teacher will not get paid

    The number multiplices a certean number (in this case 25 min X 1), A does
    nothing
    This works, But!
    S should mean that the student was ill, and couldnīt come, but the teacher
    gets paid anyway!
    M should mean that the student didnīt show up without any message given and
    the teacher gets paid anyway!

    So who do I get 1 to be equal with S and M...?

    All the best
    --
    Grenaa Music School
    Denmark

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: a letter equal to a number

    =or(A1=1,A1="M",A1="S")*25

    if for a single column

    =SUM(COUNTIF(A:A,{1,"M","S"})*25)

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Grenaa Music school" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Grenaa Music school
    Guest