Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

  1. #1
    Ms. Nae
    Guest

    Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

    I am using Windows XP but I want to install Excel for free (if possible) is
    there any way I can do this online or do I need to buy a disk?

  2. #2
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

    Will have to buy. Why/how could it be free?

    RBS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Open Office has a pretty good spreadsheet application and is free for the downloading. It doesn't do everything Excel does, but it does enough for a lot of people and is free (legally).

    Szalapski

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

    Excel is not a free program, nor is it part of Windows. You must
    purchase it separately.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  5. #5
    Ms. Nae
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

    Thank's for your responses. I was just looking for a cheap way out, but I
    guess I'll have to go buy it. :-)

  6. #6
    Ms. Nae
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

    Can you suggest what's the best program for me to purchase to add Excel? I
    was thinking about Microsoft Suite 2006.

  7. #7
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

    Ms. Nae,
    MS Office is the normal way to go, although I know we have a Word 2000 only
    CD, so Excel only may be/have been available. But that would severely
    limited Excel's usefulness in interacting via automation.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way to install Excel if I use XP?

    > But that would severely
    > limited Excel's usefulness in interacting via automation.

    You statement might be construed to indicate that Excel would be
    limited. This is not correct. When you buy Excel alone, not part
    of the Office suite, you still get the full version of Excel,
    complete with support for automation to/from any application that
    supports COM.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson