Manual Calculation not working?

  1. #1
    M. Authement
    Guest

    Manual Calculation not working?

    I have a report that pulls in data using a 3rd party add-in which is
    basically pulling in from an SQL server. I have this file set to Manual
    Calculation and normally when I opened the file it would open and not try to
    calculate. Recently, however, when I open the file it is trying to update
    some of the data on other worksheets. Even though I am on, say Sheet1, I
    can actually see data values from other worksheets on the screen as they are
    updated. The only thing I can think of that changed is going from Office XP
    to Office 2003. Any thoughts on what is happening and how to make it stop?

  2. #2
    JakeyC
    Guest

    Re: Manual Calculation not working?

    I could be wrong, but I don't think stopping calculation will stop
    automatic refreshes of external queries. See if you can right-click the
    data and select 'properties' - if so, disable automatic refresh.
    Otherwise, check what your add-in has actually done and finally check
    that the workbook has no code that runs on opening that could revert
    excel to your original settings.

  5. #5
    M. Authement
    Guest

    Re: Manual Calculation not working?

    I am not able to select any refresh options, but I didn't think I'd be able
    to. The add-in is 3rd party and is password protected, so I don't know how
    it works. What is does is provide functions that (I assume) query the
    database and provide the data. This is only supposed to happen when the
    sheet calculates, but as I said, it recently changed. This only seems to be
    a problem on certain sheets, and when it is done the workbook has not been
    completely calculated (at least I still see Calculate at the bottom left of
    the screen). There are also no Workbook_Open procedures. Thanks for the
    suggestions...any more thoughts?

    news:[email protected]...