Macro Help for Deleting Blank Rows & Clearing Cell Contents

  1. #1

    Macro Help for Deleting Blank Rows & Clearing Cell Contents

    I have several columns of data in a worksheet (A1:I200), that is hard coded to another worksheet ie cell A1 = Sheet2!AB1, A2 = Sheet2!AB2 and so on

    Sometimes there is no data in the source cells which is resulting in many blank rows in the destination worksheet.

    I found the following macro that does delete blank rows, but the entire row must be empty for it to work

    Public Sub DeleteBlankRows()

    Dim R As Long
    Dim C As Range
    Dim Rng As Range

    On Error GoTo EndMacro
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then
    Set Rng = Selection
    Else
    Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows
    End If
    For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rng.Rows(R).EntireRow) = 0 Then
    Rng.Rows(R).EntireRow.Delete
    End If
    Next R

    EndMacro:

    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

    I am able to get rid of the formula’s by doing a paste value, however the cells are obviously not truly empty as the macro is not working. (If I manually select the cells and press the delete key the macro works)

    Does anyone know a way of a macro that I can use to clear the cell contents of these cells, or any suggestions on how to get rid if these blank unwanted rows?

    Thanks
    Karen

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macro Help for Deleting Blank Rows & Clearing Cell Contents

    Dave Peterson suggest selecting the Range and doing

    Edit=>Replace
    Replace What: <Leave Blank>
    Replace With" $$$$$

    then do it again, but reversed

    Replace What: $$$$$
    Replace With: <leave blank>

    If you need code, turn on the macro recorder while you do it manually.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks Tom

    Strangely enough I had just been playing with using the replace function and had just gotten it to work

    Thanks though for your input