populating a dropdown based on choice from a previous dropdown

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Texas

    populating a dropdown based on choice from a previous dropdown

    All,

    This is for a single worksheet within a single workbook. The worksheet needs to have 2 dropdown boxes.

    I want users to select themselves from dropdown box #1.

    I want to populate the list of choices within dropdown box #2 based on who is signed in.

    I am sure VBA will be required, but probably not too daunting. I just can't get it. Thanks in advance.

    Conor

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: populating a dropdown based on choice from a previous dropdown

    See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

    Bob Phillips

    "Conor" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Baapi
    Guest

    Re: populating a dropdown based on choice from a previous dropdown

    I downloaded the file given in this location and on opening this is OK

    if I use the DV Example sheet and change the value in the first dropdown, it
    gives me an error

    Run time error '1004':
    "Method 'Range' of object'_Worksheet' failed

    Please help
    Thanks
    --
    Baapi