Why is excel solver saying that there is not a feasible solution?

  1. #1
    jt13
    Guest

    Why is excel solver saying that there is not a feasible solution?

    When the optimisation solution that I am trying to solve has easy parameters
    to fit, solver replies that there is not a feasible slution although a
    solution has provided that appears to be feasible

  2. #2
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    Re: Why is excel solver saying that there is not a feasible solution?

    jt13 wrote:
    > When the optimisation solution that I am trying to solve has easy parameters
    > to fit, solver replies that there is not a feasible slution although a
    > solution has provided that appears to be feasible

    Since you have not provided any specifics, we can't discuss your specific problem.

    However in general I find that Solver works well for "simple" continuous
    problems. Finding the parameters for the equation of a line of some kind for
    example.

    It seems to work poorly for me however when the problem is highly non-linear or
    discontinuous - perhaps when there are If/Then statements involved in the
    evaluation for example.

    Bill