How can I move and entire row upon cell completion?

  1. #1
    Tony
    Guest

    How can I move and entire row upon cell completion?

    I am creating a punch list for our office. This is basically a list of jobs
    that need to be finished and a date for when they were entered and the job
    name. I would like to have the entire cell move to either the bottom of the
    list or another sheet in the workbook upon completion of the date completed
    field or a checkbox or something. Can this be done?

  2. #2

    Re: How can I move and entire row upon cell completion?

    It can be done, but why not just leave it where it is and use data|filter to
    show or hide that row.

    Or you could just sort the data by that column.

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How can I move and entire row upon cell completion?

    Assume data starts in A1 with header information in row 1 and data below, no
    completely blank rows or columns within the data. Assume completion date is
    column J.

    right click on the sheet tab and select view code. In the resulting module
    put in code like

    If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    ' if change was in column 10
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Set rng = Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Columns(10)
    On Error Resume Next
    Set rng1 = rng.SpecialCells(xlBlanks)
    On Error GoTo ErrHandler
    If Not rng1 Is Nothing Then
    rng1.Formula = "=NA()"
    End If
    If Target.Column = 10 Then
    Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort _
    Key1:=Range("J10"), _
    Order1:=xlDescending, _
    header:=xlYes
    End If
    Set rng1 = Nothing
    On Error Resume Next
    Set rng1 = rng.SpecialCells(xlFormulas, xlErrors)
    rng1.ClearContents
    On Error GoTo ErrHandler
    ErrHandler:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tony
    Guest

    Re: How can I move and entire row upon cell completion?

    Dave,

    If would like to keep the row visible somewhere so that it can be looked
    back on. Can I do this with a data filter? The sorting doesn't work because
    the items are blank to begin. If I add something in ascending or descending
    it puts the cells with something in them first.

  5. #5

    Re: How can I move and entire row upon cell completion?

    If you select the whole range, then do data|filter|autofilter, you can use the
    dropdown arrow to choose the date you want to see--or blanks or non-blanks.